Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The Reason I Want to Reach The World

A friend of mine, Sue, had this blog on her blog and it is so powerful, I wanted you to see it. It is the reason I have wanted to be a missionary my whole life. It is the reason I am willing to leave my family, raise my kids away from grandparents and cousins, walk away from the only culture I have ever known and love, enter a knew culture where I am the strange one (of course some think I am a little strange here) :-) , learn a language in a culture where they will always correct my pronunciation, know my kids will grow up not really feeling at home in any country...

It hurts to think about sometimes, but it hurts more to know I have been so blessed to have been raised in a pastors family who showed me Christ so clearly, all I ever wanted to do was to follow Him... and there are people out there who live in countries where there are no churches and if there are churches, they are not showing the people who Christ is in a way that they can understand or that give them the desire to know more .

Watch this video and ask God how you can be a part of reaching more people like this.

2 comments:

Jane said...

I had watched this video before... it disappoints me that people who know Jesus don't love others enough to help the lost from these very real life issues. There are so many lost and hurting people out there, when are we going to wake up and share the love.

Thank you for encouraging me today!

Jane said...

Gina, thank you for your families prayers for little man Dax.... your family is so special to me in such a short period of time. There is just something about folks that are willing to live out loud for Jesus, no matter what the cost. You guys are in my prayers for God's direction in your home.