Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!!! 2008

I don't usually make new years resolutions, because I am already a very goal oriented person, but this year I think I'll post my resolutions/goals for some accountability and, well, because it's just fun. So here goes:

1) I want to become a more loving, encouraging, forgiving, and submissive wife. ("Submissive" meaning knowing when to keep my mouth shut and not try to change my spouse... I know many of you women are smiling because you have the same issue :-)

2)To become a more patient, encouraging, positive, and organized mom. (The "organization" is also a little bit of a stretch for me)

3) To really enjoy running and training, and run a marathon sometime this year. It's very easy to start getting competitive and want to go to the track and do speed work and it's not really where I want to be right now in my life. I want to do long runs out here in the country about every other day, one really long run once a week, and then spend the rest of the time with my kids. I love my kids!!

4) To read a few more books.

5) To write more letters; encouragement, thank you, birthdays, etc. when I am just thinking about someone.

6) To pray and listen to God more.

7) To pray specifically for family and friends and situations that come across my mind and then keep watching to see what God will do.

Okay, so that's all I can think of for now. So how about you? What can I pray and believe for you?

1 comment:

Jane said...

Gina...off topic...

have you been following Tricia, friends of blog Baby Leino? She is in ICU as of this morning and NOT doing well. Please pray...everyone!