Saturday, November 10, 2007

Priorities, Trick or Treating, and a Half-Marathon

I can't believe I haven't blogged in over a week. There have been so many great blogs in my head, but not enough time to sit down and blog. I praise God because He is really helping me get my priorities in order: God, husband, kids, church, then friends/blogging/running/TV watching/cleaning house/organizing.... Not: kids, getting and keeping house clean and organized, blogging, church, running, and then God and husband.

I once again look forward to my quiet times early in the morning (something that hasn't happened much in the past 7 years when we started having kids)... which then in turns helps me organize the rest of my day.

We had a lot of fun trick or treating... and I did look up the history of it to see why many Christians are so against it, and I couldn't really see what all the fuss was about. We just treated it as a celebration of "All Saints Day" and celebrated all the saints that have gone before us in serving the Lord with their life. So we took a princess (of course), Spiderman, a train engineer, and Bibleman, door to door to beg for candy in hopes that they would get the kind that we like. (Admit it parents... you eat your kids candy)

Well, there have been a number of other great posts I have forgotten about, but the best one now is that my husband and I are sitting quietly in a really nice beach house at the Outer Banks (OBX) in NC preparing for me to run my first half-marathon. I am an invited masters runner and have had everything paid for, and get lots of special treatment. I say all this not to brag, but to say how humbled I am to get to be a part of all this. Our kids are also not with us, so it's a little bit of a marriage getaway. I have to laugh thinking I have to run 13.1 miles just to have a vacation with my husband, and he just gets to enjoy all the perks without doing a thing.

So if you are up at 7am eastern time, pray for me. I will be running hopefully no longer than an hour and a half (8:30am). The reason I really ask you to pray is because my knee has been hurting alot lately, and my arthritis really went wacko a couple of weeks ago. I have been going organic and taking lots of supplements in hopes to be able to show up and make a decent showing in appreciation of being an invited athlete. I have run very little the past few weeks, and just want to honor Christ with my race because we have gotten to share with most of the people we have been hanging out with (all the elite athletes and a few others) what God has called us to do, so they know we are Believers. I want them to see Christ in us in conversations, but also in just knowing that God wants His people to succeed and are blessed when they follow Him.

Well, I guess I better get to bed, I have to be up at 5am. The race is at 7am. I don't know why they feel they must start these races before the sun comes up. I mean we are already proving how maniac we are by running 13.1 miles, or (for those running the marathon) 26.2.

No comments: