Thursday, September 13, 2007

Are you following Christ or the Christians?

I got this quote off of a new pastor's blog my husband and I are reading. His name is Vince Antonucci. My husband heard this guy speak at a conference, and just recently started reading his blog. In this particular blog he is talking about physically becoming sick when he realized how far he had come from interacting with and reaching "lost people". At the end of this experience he summed it up with this:

We find God’s heart for lost people by being around lost people, and we lose it when we’re not. So here’s the question I continually have to ask myself: What can I do to get myself around lost people? Because if I’m going to improve at reaching lost people, I need to understand and have God’s heart for them.

His church is definitely on the edge, and we (Ken & I) love seeing how he continually has "the lost" in His head. His blog is a great read, and it has a different flavor than some of your typical pastor bloggers. He came out of a totally unchurched secular lifestyle and shares alot of himself in his blog, and has some great insight into reaching the totally unchurched... because he was one.

It's so easy as a Christian to isolate ourselves from the world as we try to keep ourselves and our families from temptation, but at some point we must come out... if we don't who will? Satan is already out there reaching them and enjoying watching the "Holy Bubble" or "Holy Huddle" so many of us live in.

"Father keep me open to anyone who may come across my path that may have no other opportunity to hear the gospel... Keep me out in the world so that I can be reminded over and over and over that it is for these that you came: the lost and dying and hurting and messed up hopeless people. They are still out there even if we ignore them... but you do not... You are just waiting for a willing soul to leave the Holy Huddle and become all that you created them to be. Thank you Father... for choosing to use me. I only hope I can be worthy of your calling."

No comments: