Saturday, September 01, 2007

Be Still And Know That I Am God

These past two weeks have been so awesome! ... and I am not sure why.

Maybe its because even though we never really stop doing homeschool... we have a great schedule going, I have two kids to homeschool this year, and I love Charlotte Mason (the schooling philosophy I follow), and they seem to really be learning.

...or maybe its because the weather is cooling down a bit and I ran 4 days in a row, 6-7 miles every day, and I wasn't able to do that last year. I would run one day and then have to take off two days. I am so excited about his Fall's road racing season.

... or maybe it's because there are so many birthdays between August and September in my family that there are parties every week... and I love parties! (I especially love it when it's one of my kids birthdays and our friends stay all day :-)

... or maybe it's the atmosphere that happens when school starts, and fall sports start, and you start hearing highschool bands, and you go to high school football games and relive you high school days (if they were good... and mine were).

... or maybe it's because my precious husband made dinner this past week for me, a 7-cheese Lasagna from scratch. It took him hours, and I think that is so romantic. I love a man who can cook something besides hamburger helper.

... Or maybe it's College Football Season!!!!!!! Go Vols!!! (by the time you read this hopefully Tennesse will have beaten Cal (UC Berkley... they are playing right now!)

...or maybe it's because both my husband and myself have sensed a quietness in our Spirit, a peace we have not felt in a long time or maybe have never felt... and we continually sense God saying, "Be still and know that I am God..." and when we went and found the passage in scripture (Psalms 46:10) we realized the rest said, "I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

... yes, I think that is it... that is why life feels so good right now. God is still in control... and He has my life in His hands.

2 comments:

Jane said...

I love it when all appears to be good and there is piece in the air. I am calm just reading your post!

Have a GREAT week!

Amy said...

I need to read this, thank you!