Thursday, March 06, 2008

Can WeTrust God?

This is part of a post from "Find Me... Find Life... Real Life". I thought it was a good follow-up from my last post. Sometimes God doesn't answer our prayers the way we want. But I love the song and really believe in the words, "I thank God for unanswered prayer," because His ways are rarely our ways, but they are always better than the way we dream up for ourselves.

Can I trust God even if he never gives me what I most desire?

Can I not be angry? Will I stamp my feet and cry…and demand what I want. Will I hold onto the gravel of my own thoughts and dreams or give them to God for His purpose, His restoration, His Love.

Or will I take what he has promised me, like Abraham and Sarah with Hagar- and force what He has promised….which actually isn’t obedience to trust. Wow…that’s scary. I can force in my heart what I believe God has promised me and try to make things happen. …and dictate how and through whom it must happen. An Ishmael will come out of it…

Sometimes God wants us to wrestle with Him until we get an answer….and sometimes we have to wrestle with ourselves….maybe we think we have to wrestle with God and than we look and see it was ourselves that we wrestled with all along. I’m done wrestlin.


No comments: