Thursday, May 08, 2008

Life, Kidz Gig, New Job, and "House For Sale"

I have so much to say, but no time to say it... or don't know how to put it into words. God is at work in my life and it is the refining fire that hopefully turns into something beautiful. The highlight of my life right now (besides being with my husband and 4 wonderful kids) is helping in the Kidz Gig at church. I am actually the big group storyteller and sometimes worship leader and I absolutely love it. I don't think I have ever mentioned it, but one of my spiritual gifts is inciting energy in a crowd... and with kids ... well let's just say we are both over the top. I use to work with kids when I was in highschool and a little when I was single, and I forgot how much I love it. With kids you can be as excited and animated as you want to be.

I praise God for pushing me into this situation. I volunteered because they needed helpers, and God has brought me back to something I love and thrive in.

Also If any of you have been reading the last few weeks... Ken did get a job and a great one... the one he wanted out of all the jobs he applied for. It's interesting though, the first day before leaving for work he got a phone call from our contact in France with the IMB (International Mission Board), and he felt like it was just God saying, "Don't forget what I am preparing you for. I have called you to something greater." So now we need all the prayers from all our friends and family to sell our house against all odds in a downward economy... and the sooner the better. We are willing to live in a 2 room shack if God would just sell our house. So I have started praying for that family that is going to buy our house ... and believing that God is going to do more than what we could ask or imagine.

Well, I hope every one is well and I can hardly wait to be back in touch with you.

2 comments:

Three Seventeen Photography said...

Congrats to Ken on the job! That's very exciting and it sounds like you are getting into some good stuff at church.

Yep - it is 'Jacob's World" - you know how it is times four!

Enjoying Life Together said...

So...WHERE is Ken's new job? And why are you still selling your house? And have I missed some info along the way? Can't get Ken's blog to work to see if there is more info there. ~Sabrina