Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Election Night '08 Barak Obama is the president of the United States!

I feel a little like David when he prayed and fasted and layed before the Lord pleading for God not to let his son die... but when David realized his child with Bathsheba had died, he "got up from the ground after he had washed, put on lotions and changed his clothes, he went into the house of the Lord and worshiped. Then he went to his own house ... and he ate." (2 Sam. 12)

I will now go worship my God and praise Him for what He is doing and is going to do... and then go eat a bowl of ice cream.

I will say this is a little bit of an exciting time in history electing the first African American president (well actually he is bi-racial, something Fox news reminded me of), something many of us never thought we would see in our lifetime.

Now is the time for us to pray for this president. God loves him and died for him and can move in his heart and ways to effect this country. No matter what happens I know my God is still on the throne. He is still faithful and will continue to take care of his own. Who knows, maybe this will be the greatest time in American history that people will come to know the if things get worse financially. Our ways are not God's ways...

And on that remark Ken and I have some exciting news, but because it is so late I will wax long on that later. But for now I am sooooooooooooo ready to get on with my life. The Olympics are over, the elections are over, and now it is time for me to get back to my life, AND GET SOME SLEEP!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Did you sell your house??? Tell us the news. I will send you a link to the wifestry blog so you can start blogging. Glad to have you on board!