Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Today starts the first day of prayer for Children's Cup! What is Children's Cup you ask? Well, I will try to share a little, but you can find out much more about it at childrenscup.org.




My husband heard about this ministry from a guy named Dan Olerking who has a heart that is hard to describe for the children of Africa that experience all the things we only see through our television sets. I have often sat and cried when I watched the specials on TV about starving children in other parts of the world many without parents or shelter, and wondered what I could do. This ministry let's people like us make a difference in the lives of children when God has not called us to go.

Children's Cup's purpose is to take humanitarian and spiritual aid into the hard places where war, natural disasters and disease epidemics have devastated societies.These children in hard places know horrors our children have never heard of. Food, shelter, medicine and education are not enough to heal their emotions. Most have been sexually abused, beaten and some have even been forced to murder and maim as child warriors.They need hope. Hope's name is Jesus!
Their work currently focuses heavily on Swaziland, but efforts continue in Zimbabwe and Vietnam. In the
"What We Do" section of this website, you can learn about what we do in these countries.

I hope you will join me in praying, because if you have read any of my other blogs I am continually reminded that God cares about even the smallest of needs, how much more would he care about the hurting children of Africa and answer our prayers in a powerful way.

No comments: