Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Consider this...

This week is adoption awareness week on Family Life radio show. Please go to "Voice Of The Orphan" .org. ... then I ask you to search your heart... and think of the most challenging situation happening in your life right now... and then think of the millions of orphans around the world, many living in situations we cannot even imagine... and then think, "if I were a child or baby living in an institution (even the best of institutions) wouldn't I want for someone to choose me... to know what it feels like to belong?"... think of the special needs children who have an even lesser chance of being adopted... and then think again about the challenging situation in your life today...

Think on all these things... go to some of the pictures on the websight and read about the children. Look into their eyes and their hearts and imagine what a day is like for them... and then imagine a week, a month, a year, and then 5 years knowing that the older they get the less likely anyone would want them... and then think of our Savior as he hung there on the cross... beaten bruised torn for us... for them... and think "what would Jesus do if He were here?"

...I don't think He'd come to my house, or my church, maybe not even my country. I think he'd go and find all these kids and say, "you are so precious... so very very precious. I am so sorry this world has thrown you away... but I love you... and you are more special than you could ever know, and I loved you even before I ever met you. Please come home with me.

Did you know that if only 7% of Christians around the world would adopt there would be no more orphans?

"I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these... you did for me."
Matt. 25:40

1 comment:

Jean Ohlerking said...

the hard part would be deciding who i'd have to leave there...

i'd want to take 'em all home with me.

but instead, God has given us hundreds, yea, thousands of AIDS orphans to care for.

i just love kids.