Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Trick or Treat?

Well, our family joined the heathens last week walking around in the dark on the side of the road going up to stranger's houses and asking for candy. What a great holiday. :-) We had two cowboys, a policeman, and a fire(wo)man... so we knew we were safe.

I have never actually looked up the history of Halloween, but I know it is suppose to be something evil. I like to look at it as a way to leverege one of "satan's" holidays. The past few years we have used Halloween as a way to meet neighbors we had not gotten the chance to meet yet, or a way to build on already made relationships... and it has worked well. We don't go out of our neighborhood, it is not about getting candy, but we especially like to go to those houses where it doesn't look like many people go.

I love using something Satan means for evil, for good...for my God to use later for lost souls.

No comments: