Sunday, January 14, 2007

New Years!!

I guess it is mid January and my Christmas blog is still up. Does that tell you any thing about my January? I still have clothes in my suitcase from our trip mid-December. I just got my Christmas boxes out of the living room last week. Pretty pathetic, huh?

I'm beginning to realize this may be how it is until my kids get old enough to help with not only housework, but with the Christmas Holiday. With a household of 6, four of them being six and under, it takes every ounce of energy and time to keep this household afloat... and that is on a normal day if you are organized and on top of things all day long. So needless to say, I begin every day in the red (meaning behind). So when you add Christmas shopping, house decorating, Christmas parties (yours or other peoples), extra activities like gift wrapping, sending Christmas Cards, etc... added toys after Christmas, Kids off their normal schedule... We just sort of survive until we can take down the dead tree, let the Christmas boxes sit in the living room for a week, (because it takes that long to take them all down in the middle of four small kids six and under), and finally put them away. Then I can attempt to tackle the large pile of clean clothes I dig through most days to find at least one child something to wear. I can also dust that inch of dust off my shelves, and clean both bathrooms for the first time in a month (I can't believe I just told you that).

I am just resigning myself that it will probably take me until February every year to get our house back on schedule. It feels so good to admit reality, accept what I can do, and leave the rest to God. Whew, I feel like I just shared at a 12-step group. I'd appreciate any prayers!!... especially from those mothers who know. :-)

No comments: