Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Cleaned to the Closets in 4 Hours!!

It can be done!! I cleaned my house all the way to the closets yesterday in 4 hours! Someone emailed me from Craigslist at noon (someone I had communicated with before) and said they wanted to see our house (It is for sale) and asked if they could come by at 4pm. I looked around my house, panicked a little bit... and then said yes. I also began to think I am insane. I always told my husband I could get our house ready to look at in 24 hours... but this was going to be a miracle.

Now the reason I took on this daunting task is because the kids and I have been walking around our house everyday praying for the family that will buy it; thanking God that He knows the day and time it will be sold; and after lunch yesterday I had told the kids I felt like God wanted us to go on the the front porch and pray for the buyers of our house. When I went inside, I had this email waiting for me asking to see the house. It all happened so fast, and in such a way I felt like God was answering our prayers, how could I say no. (plus I have to admit I always like a little bit of a challenge). I have to say, though, it may take me a few days to find everything I stuffed under the beds or threw in a box and stored in the car for a few hours. But man our house is clean. It almost looks like a hotel. I am so impressed with myself... okay, I'm sure God is the one who miraculously helped me think and clean and organize those 4 crazy hours.

So now you all need to join us in prayer. God has taken us to the edge of our faith financially and really there is no other option except that He shows up or we basically do not pay our bills every month... of course we could go without food and electricity... but we sort of like that. It's crazy that in America you can have a really good job, but cannot get a loan to refinance things because of a mistake the bank made, and the credit card companies would rather you go into bankruptcy than work with you.

I am really not complaining because in my world God always shows up and I love it when He takes us to the edge and grows our faith because that means we are defeating Satan once again and often for the encouragement of someone else to see. This time in our lives has also let Ken and I understand what alot of people in America are going through financially and we really have compassion for them... especially if they don't know Christ. I don't see how you don't have a nervous break down without Christ if you're in a situation similar to ours. People are losing their home, some living in cars, some on the street... How does that happen? Now Ken and I know...

4 comments:

Jamie said...

4 hours? Maybe you can clean mine next? Hi Gina. Glad we can all keep in touch a little more with the blogs. Hope you all are doing good.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the cleaning! Praying for God's hand to move in this situation! Your faith is truly a testimony...thanks for sharing!

Enjoying Life Together said...

I can honestly say I've never thought of the car! That's makes me laugh. Keep us posted on your mailing address:) Did you ever call the mortgage guy I told you about - Kurt? ~Sabrina

Three Seventeen Photography said...

Awesome!!!! You know that you'll end up right where you're supposed to be and probably have a deeper appreciation for it considering where you've been!

We're praying for you guys and you know we love you!