Sunday, June 29, 2008

Prayer for Ethan

I have a very special prayer I would like to ask you to join me in tomorrow...

I have a cousin that I love dearly who has a son with Autism. If you don't know anyone who has a child with severe autism, it can be very hard on the family. Robby and Karen are the parents (Robby being my cousin) and Ethan is there precious son. He and my oldest son are only one day apart. They are both 7 years old turning 8 in October. My cousin and his wife have spent many years and alot of money turning over every rock in hopes to help their son get better, if even just a little bit. Also as a child gets older with autism the challenges get greater for the family. But as with every physical ailment we can come to the end of solutions and then have to turn to the Great Physician.

So, if God can raise the dead, why can't he bring healing to this child, if even just a little. Maybe not overnight, maybe slowly, maybe enough so that they would never have to entertain the thought of an institution... but possible. For those of you that have been following our modern day miracle with Tricia & Nate, anything is possible... even today.

Tomorrow they are taking Ethan to be prayed over by the Elders of the church. This will take place 5:00pm Eastern time. So Please join me in prayer for this family and this precious little boy. It's hard for most of us to even begin to understand what they go through day to day without an end in sight... So, I will be praying that they will find hope and healing through this step of faith. I didn't mention, but this is a big step of faith for my cousin.

So...
Father I lift up this family and little boy to you including his older sister who I didn't mention above. You love them and care so much for them. You have allowed this in their life for Your purpose, and you promised not to give us more than we can handle. So please show this family Your grace and mercy. Show them how this situation can be used for your glory. My personal request is that you would heal Ethan completely. That they would be able to hear the words, "I love you mom and dad," from a son who cannot outwardly show his thankfulness for how much his parents do for him. Give Robbie and Karen comfort and wisdom. Heal their hearts where it has broken. Refresh them where the life has exhausted them. Let us see your power tomorrow. You tell us You want to do more than we can even think or imagine... so please let us see You here and now. Thank you for all that You do for us... and for all that You are going to do. We love you Lord...

3 comments:

Three Seventeen Photography said...

Thanks for remembering us - we'll see you on Friday1

Jennifer said...

I'm praying for this family!

Jamie said...

Thanks for praying Gina. That means a lot to the us western Wilbanks'