Monday, September 29, 2008

RevolutionRaleigh.com

I am very excited to introduce you to our new church. It's called Revolution, and they have a heart to reach the urban population in Raleigh, NC.

The story of this church is really amazing, and the pastor an equally amazing person.
I came across this church on a bulletin webpage of the Raleigh Baptist Convention advertising a new church plant needing nursery items. The name was Revolution and I thought that was a very interesting name, and if their pastor reflected the name of the church, I and my husband would love to see what they are about. Well, I drove by their meeting place that week and met a couple painting the kids classrooms. Their building was very retro and I was very impressed with the look and the people that would be attracted to that.

My husband then called and talked with the pastor and we visited the next weekend. Oh, I forgot to mention they meet on Saturday night which I also thought was an interesting idea. They also have a graphics guy who is amazing. You can tell by the website. He is into doing everything top notch and does graphics for some well known organizations in the secular business world.

The exciting thing as I said in my last blog post is they are weak in the area that Ken and I (okay mostly Ken) are very strong in. Ken has been meeting with the leadership team the past few weeks and is going through basic beginning stages of church planting and helping them develop their leadership teams and home groups. He is helping them come up with the purpose and vision and mantra of their church (what they want to say over and over so that people take that away with them and into the marketplace), and asking them alot of questions that they never thought about the why and how to reach the people they are wanting to reach.

I am also helping with the development of greeting and first touch teams, and the women's ministry. They currently have a ministry that feeds the homeless, and we are beginning a number of outreach ministries in the area. Last week fed a local football team their Team Dinner the night before a big game, and that was so successful the coach has asked us to their pregame meal for their homecoming game this next weekend, and since they want it off campus asked if they could do it at our church. How amazing is that. We also last weekend served breakfast at a local biker rally in Raleigh, and our pastor spoke at the Sunday morning service on the streets in downtown Raleigh. Their were about 500 bikers at the Sunday morning event.

The vision and ideas of the pastor and the creative graphics guy are amazing, and God now has brought Ken and I along to help them implement their ideas, and organize the structure of how people get connected int the church once they came. It seems almost too good to be true. All my husband and I have ever wanted to do was full-time ministry... and even though we are not full-time yet, God is giving us the desire of our hearts right now in using our gifts and things we have learned for Him.

On another note, a family is coming from New York this Wednesday to look at our house. Ken and I would love to move closer into downtown Raleigh to be closer to our church and the people we are ministering to. We also need to lower our living expenses so we can pay off our debt which would move us closer to doing what we're doing now overseas.

God has been so amazing in our lives lately, we want to give him all the praise!!...

No comments: