Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Give ear to my words O Lord, consider my sighing.
Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God, for to you I pray.
Morning by morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; morning by morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.

But I, by your great mercy, will come into your house; in reverence will I bow down toward your holy temple.
Lead me, O Lord, in your righteousness because of my enemies- make straight your way before me.

Psalm 5:1-3, 7-8

As I read this passage to my kids tonight as they were going to bed, I realized this was my prayer as we prepare to go to France. As we enter into this new realm of what I call "charging hell with a water pistol", I really do believe God wants to drench France with the power of the Holy Spirit, and may He use us to do that.

Even as I say that statement, I think, "in reverence will I bow down toward your holy temple. Lead me in your righteousness because of my enemies- make straight your way before me." I have no clue which way to turn to raise up generations to come to praise my God, but He does.

I want so badly to make a difference in this world. I want so badly to be righteous enough for God to use me.

I pray the power of God be poured out on France in spite of me.

No comments: