Monday, July 10, 2006

God is so awesome!! I don't know why any of us ever stop praying for something and believing that God will do it.

I put in one blog about my struggle one day with my kids and I don't know if it was just my prayer or if my friends were praying who read it, but the next day I woke up and I had wisdom in dealing with my kids! When they were disobeying or not responding when I was talking to them or calling them, God gave me wisdom in the heat of the moment and now my husband and I are implementing this new protocol in training and discipline... and it's working!! Why am I so shocked? God just never ceases to amaze me!

He knows what we need when we need it and is often just waiting for us to ask. There is probably so much he wants to give us that we miss out on because we try to figure it out ourselves or do it on our own. We read books, we talk to our friends, we join groups, which are all good, but sometimes God just wants us to turn to Him; to acknowledge that He is Creator of the Universe, that He can meet all of our needs. Why is it so hard for us to understand that He personally would want to give us the wisdom we need to raise the child He created?

Jesus says, "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks the door will be opened.
Which of you , if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone?"

Thank you Jesus for loving us so much! You're so awesome!

No comments: