Thursday, July 20, 2006

I use to think going to the pool was fun. I stood there laughing at myself as I stood two feet from the side of the pool where my 5 year old, my 3 year old, and my 2 year old were playing in the shallow end while standing two feet from my stroller where my 1 year old was happily sweltering in the sun thinking this is normal. (He doesn't yet realize that 1 year olds do actually go swimming. :-)

As I stand there looking at the cool water getting my feet wet every few minutes to stable a falling child, feeling splashes from the pool every so often to cool my baking skin, asking some stranger to watch two of my kids in the water and one child on land so I can take another one to the bathroom... I am reminded why I haven't been to the pool since it opened two months ago. It makes me laugh even more to read this and imagine what I looked like. I think we'll just stick with our 2 1/2 foot deep pool in our back yard for now. At least here I can get wet.

1 comment:

Enjoying Life Together said...

Hi Gina~

The Lord brought you to mind today. I said a prayer for you. How is the upstairs of your house coming? I know you must feel like you have a million things to do. I know the feeling! Glad to hear that you are taking time for fun stuff with your kids even if it does turn out to be a "not so good" idea:) The backyard pool is better for us this summer too! Hang in there!! And keep on enjoying your children!! ~Sabrina