Friday, March 23, 2007

Basketball & Laundry

It is a sad day in the Witcher household. There will be no Tennessee - Texas A&M matchup. In fact there will be no more Tennessee Orange or Texas A&M Aggies for the rest of the tournament. Both teams were beat last night in games they both could have won. THEY WERE ROBBED!! Okay maybe not. I even called a friend of mine who is a fan of Ohio State when Tennessee was up by 20. I told this friend of mine I would regret this phone call... and I did.

Okay, so what else is there to blog about. It's Spring!!! Time to add one more clothing activity to all moms who already have loads of laundry (exchanging winter clothes for summer clothes). I'm not sure I can express, as a mother in a 6 person household, how much clothing is laying around our house right now. Well actually it's mostly in the guest room, but there are PILES!!! The "sharing shop" is about to be blessed with a lot of cute clothes. I have decided I only want about 8 outfits per each of my children, then when my laundry basket is full, the closet is empty. Currently when the laundry basket is full, the closet is still full, and there are still piles of clean clothes laying in piles waitin to be put away. Why in America do we feel like we must own so much.

I don't want to sound like I am complaining, because I have been blessed with two sisters who are big shoppers. I have the cutest outfits for my kids, I just have a hard time getting rid of the cute ones even if I already have 20 outfits hanging in the closet for one child. But I am learning quickly no matter how cute an outfit is, if it's one of 20-30 outfits.... GET RID OF IT!!!

Okay, there you have it the extent of my thoughts this evening. Okay, maybe not all my thoughts.

Can I just say, "I LOVE MY GOD, because He is God even over all my laundry.

2 comments:

Jean Ohlerking said...

my daughter, susan, missionary in swaziland, donates her kids' outgrown stuff to our carepoint kids--aids orphans who have only the clothing on their backs. when we hand a kid new-to-them shirt, it goes on over the top of the old ragged and dirty one, because now he has TWO shirts!

i struggle with my own stuff that doesn't fit just because i think one day i will be small again (hah!). when i give my stuff away and know i've blessed others, God gives me such a feeling of joy!

yeah, we have so very much. they have so very little. and it's the same with the message of Jesus. we have heard the old, old story many times over, and find ourselves getting antsy for church to be over so we can go have dinner... people who are just learning about Jesus are very thirsty for the Message of Hope. sharing it gives us unspeakable joy!

(sorry about your ball teams.)

Enjoying Life Together said...

Gina, Gina, Gina~
You are too funny about all the clothes. I'm doing the same thing at my house and there are clothes everywhere. Think of it as a time to get rid of things you won't need to take to France! One less thing to do when moving day comes:)
~Sabrina