Friday, March 16, 2007

More thoughts from a mother of many small children

Well, I guess I've taken the easy blogging road for a while and now I actually need to write something for myself. So many things go through my mind throughout the day but they get lost somewhere between dinner and putting the kids to bed, and cleaning up after dinner, and then cleaning the house, and staring at that pile of clean laundry in the guest bedroom that, well, really has become the laundry room.

Thoughts:

What exactly does washable markers mean? Does it mean only in the washer with "Tide with bleach" after soaking a few hours? ... or does it mean off the wall with that special soap and special scrubber finishing it off with primer and then paint... because I must have misunderstood the advertisement on the bottle.

What exactly does a clean house constitute? Clean once in a while when the kids are sleeping? or does it mean able to keep the house clean enough for guests to drop by? or does it mean able to walk through a room on the actual carpet without hurting yourself on a toy?

Laundry!!! Don't have very many kids until you can grow one up to help you with it.

Getting rid of the kids for a day can save you a whole lot of money for couseling down the road.
I actually got rid of the kids for a night and I can't remember the last time we had part of a day and a night without the kids. The house was soooooo quiet, and I didn't have to get up one time in the middle of the night, and I got to sleep in as long as I wanted. My husband and I actaully sat on the couch and watched March Madness basketball for hours without having to get up and referee a situation. We also actually had many conversations without any interruptions (I can't remember the last time that happened).

but.... Picking up your kids after a night away (especially your 1 year old).... Priceless.

Final thought: I love my kids!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww...love the priceless line :) I'm glad you and Ken had some alone time and that you made some time to blog!