Thursday, December 20, 2007

A 6 year old boy

As you sit comfortably in your home with heat and no bugs, worrying and stressing about things that are really not that important this Christmas season, please pray for this little 6 year old boy in Swaziland. A blog I follow from a missionary in Swaziland helps me keep my eyes on the things in life that are important, and the masses amount of suffering that is so easy to shut out when you live in the U.S. or other Westernized country. Pray for this missionary family and all the organizations that work with those who live in desperate places, where hundreds die while family members sit around helplessly watching. It's hard for me to sit here in my comfortable home feeling so helpless knowing that I also will forget when I turn off my computer and lay down on my very comfortable bed with lots of warm blankets.

"... Why them and not me, Lord? I know you hear their cry and see their suffering. Please bless that little boy with healing. Heal him in such a way that everyone will know it is You who did it. Bless these missionaries who have given up their lives to live among these hurting and dying. Bless their work and their hands. May the laying on of their hands in prayer heal thousands. And may the masses come to know You through the work this missionary couple and their organization are doing in Swaziland."

1 comment:

Jean Ohlerking said...

thanks, gina, for posting about one of our kids.

although there are hundreds of thousands of kids who need help, God deals with each one as individuals. and so do we. the job can be overwhelming, but prayer does make a difference...and we CAN do all things through Christ...