Monday, April 07, 2008

Bring The Rain

God's miracles sometimes comes in different sizes and colors and outcomes. I have met a new family just yesterday through some other blogs who just this afternoon at 4:30pm got to meet their 4th daughter for the first time. She was born with a number of health problems, and the family knew that unless God chose to heal her she would be in heaven probably within the day. Well, Audrey did pass into heaven at 6:45pm just two hours after she was born. (to read more about this beautiful family go to "Bring the Rain".

I love how the internet, especially the blog world, opens my eyes to those around me and reminds me that there are so many hurting people around me... many without Christ. It makes me look at what I think is suffering and changes my perspective to thankfulness. It lets me join in the chorus of prayers that are lifting up people like this family and so many others. It has become a place to meet knew friends and to share a little bit of life from a distance... and I can say that these friendships mean so much to me, and I always look forward to a post to see how they are and how I might pray for them... to laugh and cry with them...

Thank you Lord for the freshness of this new blog I found yesterday. I pray for this family that you would continue to pour out your peace on them and that their loss and sorrow would be used for Your glory. I pray I could only be half as humble and gentle and precious as Todd and Kate are (If you read their blog you will see what I mean). Please help me to get from here to there. You know where I want to be. I want my life to make a difference in the population of heaven and for there to be a footprint if only a small one that I existed, not so that I can receive any glory, but that you would be raised up because of my life. Please Lord let my life count for something even if I don't see it in my lifetime. Let my character reflect you so that others want what I have.

No comments: