Monday, January 21, 2008

Be thankful, be content, be humble, and believe the impossible

God has been filling my mind and my life with so much right now, every day I want to sit down and share, but I don't even know where to start.

I have been listening to Joyce Meyers daily broadcast on my computer every day the past few weeks, and it is so awesome. That, combined with what our pastor has been speaking about, and with what God is doing in our circumstances has just been amazing. But since I don't have time to type a sermon tonight, and I will share later about everything that is happening with our circumstances... I'll just start with what God spoke to me tonight.

"Are you a complainer? Be thankful on purpose." I am actually not a complainer by nature, but God has taught me so much in the past 3 years about being thankful in all things... and that means all things... piles of laundry, whining kids, little money, not sure what the future was...

"Be content where you are at, but don't be satisfied." It's so interesting that 3 years ago when we had more money, thought we knew where we were headed, life seemed to be less crazy, I was not content and my heart longed to be somewhere else. Now God has brought me to a place where so many things "appear" to have fallen apart, we have even less money, the future looks really hazy, I am more at peace than I have ever been in my life. If nothing ever changed I would be totally satisfied. I love my husband more today than I ever have. I love taking care of my 4 kids and all the stress that comes with it, and no matter what my future holds I know it is going to be great because God is in control of it.

"Do you really want everything God has for you, or are you settling for something less? Are you living obedient to scripture in everything, have big dreams and goals, and stepping out in faith towards those dreams and goals." I have grown so much in learning how to live obedient to scripture, and it has and is changing my life. I have always had big dreams and goals and strove with everything within me towards those dreams, but I am now content to sit quietly and listen to what goals and dreams God has for me even if it is just raising children that will change the world.

Having big dreams gives you something to live for; something that gets you out of bed every day; something that keeps you going in the tough times. What are your dreams?

Even though Abraham knew God had made a promise with him for something great, God spoke this (Gen. 13:14) to Abraham right after Abraham had humbled himself and kept peace within his family with his nephew Lot, and allowed Lot to choose the lush and beautiful half of the valley where they were living, and Abraham took the dry and barren part.

Gen. 13:14
"Lift up your eyes from where you are ... all the land that you see I will give to you and your decendants forever." He (Abraham) was humble and he cared more about relationships than with lording it over Lot that he (Abraham) was God's man. Wow, I want that humility so that God can use me for the greatest purpose that He thought of when He created me. Did you know God had a great reason for you to be who you are and was thinking about that when he created you? I just thought about that when I was writing this paragraph. Wow, that really blows me away when I think about it.

No comments: