Monday, October 08, 2007

Miracle Weekend at C3

This weekend was miracle weekend for our church. Many people had joined the staff in praying and fasting (the Daniel Fast) for 21 days which lead up to this weekend... which is also leading up to the completion of our new building (you can go to C3church.org to read more about it). We have been praying for God to provide all the extra funds a new building incrues, and it will be done many months early, so we have been praying the finances would come in early also.

Our pastor has been going through a series call "Miracles" and many of us who have been walking with our church during this time are joining our church in praying for our own miracles. Many are praying for healing; many are praying for a financial miracle; many are praying for restored relationships and marriages, or lost loved ones... We want Jesus to show up so radically in our lives and and in the life of our church that the world will see and take notice and know that the only conclusion is that God showed up.

Well I have to say I am so excited to see what God does through all of this, but I do know that when Christians get serious about their faith and reaching the lost, Satan doesn't like it and will try to thwart God's plans and steal your joy in the process.

I had to laugh yesterday, because as we laid our sacrificial offering at the altar yesterday, and are believing God for a financial miracle, and also believing that God is going to fulfill the desire He put in our hearts; and that is to reach Europe with a relevant message of Christ in a radical way...

we went out to start the better or our two vans (this one only has 180 thousand miles on it, has a radio, air-conditioning, and the transmission doesn't slip)... Well, we now believe this may be the worst of the two vans. It is still sitting in the church parking lot maybe never to start again. So now I am driving the "other" van... the one we only drive in emergencies because it is hot, has no radio, and we are just waiting for the transmission to fall out on the road. Lucky for me I am a "the glass is half full" kind of person, and that just convinces me that God is doing something awesome, and I just sang praise songs and kept telling my kids how exciting this was because now God had to show up. :-)

Satan is not going to steal my joy... He is not going to steal our dream... He cannot thwart what God wants to do... so I just say "bring it on"... My God is bigger, He is more powerful, He is Healer, Provider, He is Comforter... there is nothing too hard or big or messed up that He cannot fix, heal, or restore. My God Is the Great I Am and nothing can keep him from blessing His children and using them to change the world.

Can I hear an Amen!?... boy things like this fire me up. I am definitely a David kind of person, because I just want to take my little sling shot and chase Satan down because I know when God wants to win He will!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Preach it sister. I like your attitude. Hang in there God is going to do some amazing things in your life. I can't wait to read about them.

Amy said...

Amen, sister! Satan can't steal your joy if you don't let him. Sounds like you are doing a great job not letting him. Thanks for being such an encouragement.

Paul & Angela Jenkins said...

AMEN! Man satan should be worried. If I were a demon your post would scare me and I'd run and leave you alone so I like the comment of how you wanted to chase satan down. It's about not waiting for something to happen but running the enemy down. Good visual there.