Thursday, October 04, 2007

Nothing is to hard for my God

Last night at our church was the most incredible night... and it was not because it was over the top for praise and worship (even though I am one of those who act just like I do at a football game - I can cheer and jump with the best of them)... and it was not because it was the end of a 21 day Daniel fast our church did because we wanted to see breakthroughs and miracles... and it was not because my two oldest sons got to watch an incredible baptism service with radical worship along side it... and it was not because our pastor (my brother-in-law) gave a great motivating message...

Nope, it was none of those things... It was because during one of the songs, my brother, who has never really walked with the Lord as an adult, who spent a year in Iraq and came home about a year ago and went off the deep end, our family not knowing where he was or if he was alive or hurt... He and his now wife both started coming to our church about a year ago. They had just met; her son went to C3 with his father, and well Thomas's sister was the pastor's wife, so they both had an "excuse" to come to church and not feel weird because they were coming together. Well, they both rededicated their lives to the Lord after accepting Christ as children, and have never been the same since.

Now to why last night was so awesome. During one of the slow worship songs I just happened to look over and my brother had both hands up in the air worshipping. I had to take another look to see if what I saw was what I thought I saw. I knew he and his wife were serious about their commitment to God and the church, but I never thought I would see my brother raise his hands in worship. We were raised Free Will Baptist for goodness sake. They then played some very exciting upbeat songs and of course I am up front jumping around with the teenagers, and while spinning around I see my brother who was sitting on the second row jumping just as much as myself and the others under 20. Now if you had met him before this, you would laugh at me to think he would show that much emotion. It was an incredible sight.

Now if I wasn't convinced before... I know there is a God in heaven who hears the cries of a family for their prodigal lost son or daughter.... So if you are one out there who is still shedding tears and praying, don't give up, ask everyone you know to pray and keep praying because God is working even when you can't see it, and He'll show up and do a miracle before your eyes when you least expect it.

2 comments:

Jean Ohlerking said...

AMEN!

Paul & Angela Jenkins said...

Thanks for sharing this story. I have a brother that is lost and I keep praying for someone to reach out to him. I'm sure his day will come as well. Thanks for also finding me a seat man church was packed and I have to sit up front w/ all the action. :)