Saturday, February 23, 2008

Tennessee Volunteers #1!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I just say GO VOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLS!!!!!!

For those of you who do not know what a Vol is, it is a Volunteer from the state of Tennessee. More importantly the mascot of the University of Tennessee.... and I am not only a Vol, but I am a LADY VOL! Which means I was a female athlete at the University of Tennessee.

Okay enough of the explanation. The reason for this post is to shout from the rooftops that a football school who normally does not even acknowledge the basketball season because well we're just not normally very good, has been recently ranked #2 in the country and just beat the former #1 team in the country, Memphis. I know myself and every other Volunteer is throwing a party right now!!!!

The women's team who is known for winning many National Championships, and who won the NCAA Tournament last year, is also ranked #1!!!

Wow, how often does that happen? Well, I'm a happy camper tonight and just hope we can get cable before March Madness arrives. Ken & I actually took part in March Madness last year for the first time, because both of our "football" schools were in the NCAA Tournament and actually were competitive, and we had a blast. Unfortunately I don't think my sweetheart will be able to enjoy this season with me as much as last year (shhhhhhhhhh ... his team is Texas A & M)

No comments: