Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Discipleship - Our job or God's job?

I love what Perry Noble says about discipleship:

We have a different view of discipleship here at NewSpring Church. It bothers me that Christians will trust God’s Holy Spirit to draw someone to Him…but once that happens we often feel like we need to take over…and, like it or not, there are some really screwed up Christians because they have been taught to listen to man and not to Jesus.
I have seen the “process” of people becoming more like Christ merely reduced to a “to do list” in churches, and while this has managed to produce some fruit…I have seen it, unfortunately, develop way more legalists and self serving Christians? So…where is the balance? How do we “disciple” people at NewSpring? After all, Jesus did encourage us to “make disciples” in Matthew 28:18-20.

Click here to read more...

1 comment:

Jane said...

Thanks for linking Perry to your blog! God has soooo blessed us with the talents and heart that Perry has. The entire staff at NS ROCKS! I am so blessed to be a part of the body at NS!

If ya ever get down this way let me know... I would love to meet you, feed you, and take ya to NS!