Monday, May 14, 2007

The LG HDTV Refrigerator - The Bomb!

I was surfing the blogesphere this morning and Tim Stevens of Granger Church mentioned this refrigerator. Well, before I even saw his blog, we (Ken & I & all our kids) just happened to be in Best Buy this weekend and saw this piece of art. I thougth to myself, "What a great Mother's Day idea."

Now to someone like myself who is a news junkie who doesn't like to cook (well I use to like to cook until I had kids) I thought, "What a brilliant idea!" I might even prepare meals ahead of time if we had this refridgerator. Of course this might be like offering alcohol to an alcoholic... I may never get anything done... which is the reason we don't have cable anymore. I guess this refrigerator with fuzzy T.V. wouldn't have the some effect.

Of course now that I read the display I see that it only gets the latest weather updates using a cellular network, but also features a recipe bank (preloaded with 100 recipes) and organizational tools such as a calendar and to-do list. In addition, the screen can be used as a digital photo frame. Maybe this T.V. is my dream T.V. I certainly need recipes on hand that I don't have to look up, and a calandar with a to do list in front of my face might certainly help. Of course, now I look at the cost...

Oh well, it was a nice idea. Maybe in my next life.

4 comments:

Jane said...

Does it help you to know that an appliance delivery man told me to never purchase LG.... he said they just weren't as good.
And if you REALLY want to spend the money, I could come up, cook for you and your family... freeze the meals and you pay me!

Gina Witcher / Runnermom4 said...

That sounds like an awesome idea!

The Atkinson 6 said...

I don't know, Gina...I think I am with you on this one. I could be addicted to this machine!

Jane said...

GINA... hey... I hear that Third Day will be at RBC in Raleigh in June... do you know if there are any tickets still available?
I would soooo love to come up and hear them again... Jack will be on vacation, Nikita will be with us and we could visit Greg (Jack's BFF)... I don't know if I could get the three guys to go with me... Thought you might be interested in going?!?