Thursday, May 10, 2007

How Big Are Your Dreams?

I once again am going to quote some of what Perry Noble wrote on a past blog where I felt like he was writing my story. His words are in italics and I will be adding my comments in red.

I cannot explain what the Lord is doing in my life right now. Scripture is more alive to me than it has ever been…and the closer I get to Him the more I am realizing how small my dreams are. So…I am asking Him to fill me with His dreams…and here is what is coming to my mind.

I I don’t want a good marriage–I want a GREAT one! God is doing something in our marriage (mine and Ken's) that we really never expected. Taking this new step of faith together has united us in a way we have never experience. We have become each others best friend, and I cannot remember the last time we had a argument... now that is a miracle.

I don’t want to raise a child...I want to make a disciple. God is growing me so much in what my kids see on a day to day basis. Do they see an exhausted, frustrated, angry mother, or do they see Jesus?

I don’t want to pastor a church…I want to be a part of a MOVEMENT! This is why Ken and I have taken this step of faith. We feel God wants to start a new church movement in France very much like the new church movement we have seen here in the states that is impacting millions for Christ and He wants to involve us.

I don’t want to talk to God more…I want to listen to Him!!! I spend WAY too much time talking to God, telling Him what I want Him to do. I want to listen…to hear His voice. I want His voice to be as real to me as anything. I know that if I am going to be successful as a husband [wife], father [mother] and leader [follower] that I need HIS direction. I want to spend more time in Scripture, seeking the mind of Christ. I say it all the time–but no one EVER screws up when they follow Christ!!!

God is stretching me right now…REALLY stretching me. I [Ken & I] have had thoughts and ideas during the past two weeks that I [we] have NEVER had before. I am so excited about my walk with Him, my family, and the direction of this church [our ministry]. I can’t wait to see what happens next!

Click here to read Perry's whole entry.

No comments: