Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Motherhood - a job to be accepted with fear and trembling

This is blog a friend wrote on Mother's day that I needed to go back and read today. Being a mom, wife, and homemaker has been especially challenging this week (well, every week is challenging, but this one just more so). Did you ever just want to quit, send your kids back, and move out on your own... Well, thanks to Erika I was brought back a little to reality.

Motherhood is one of the hardest, most confusing, most joyous, and amazing jobs and experiences I have ever been blessed to struggle through.


There are so many books, magazines, websites, and offers of advice you can ever ask for but there is nothing and I mean nothing greater than prayer.

I love my children. I am amazed at my children. I am blessed by my children and I am taught by my children.

When I look at their faces I see myself, David, our parents...I wonder if that is how God sees me? Does He look at me and see Himself? Does He see a characteristic and remember when He created that in me? Is He watching on this mother's day and remembering when He placed this day in my life while I was still being made in my mother's womb?

My prayer for all the mom's out there...is that you know how much you are loved and appreciated!

3 comments:

Jane said...

humn... I put wife, husband, daughter to my parents etc. in this and found it very convicting! Thanks for the reminder that we ALL want to run, alone, to the beach and bury our heads in the sand. Okay, well at least our feet!

The Atkinson 6 said...

I hope my ramblings helped you in some small way. If you ever need an ear just let me know.

Motherhood can be masked in so much struggle that sometimes it makes it hard to see just how really blessed we are.

Jane said...

I'm not sure we will be able to make it that weekend... we are attempting to go to the beach that week so Jack can get some CE hours in and we can be at the beach too.
If we do make it up, we would stay with Greg. I don't think he would go, unless we were there... and then I'm still not sure.

Thank you for getting back to me... and thinking of Greg too... he is such a nice man, just lost.

The weekend is free, so we don't need to purchase tickets, so if the beach does not work out, then we are going to attempt a weekend up in your neck of the woods.

So many things to do in the 6 weeks that Nikita will be here!