Sunday, April 08, 2007

Jesus has risen and so has my Faith

Today is Easter and I am more excited about life than I have ever been. Most people would think that something obviously great has happened in my life. Actually a few things that appear negative have happened.

If you have read my last two blogs you will have read about a baby who is still fighting to live, and I can honestly say, Baby Isaac has changed my life forever (Go to this blog to see an Awesome Mighty God). Things I have learned from his parents are grace and strength and faith in the midst of devestating odds. I have learned to go to scripture in all things and find out who God really is.

A small "situation" in mine and my husband's life, may turn into a much larger situation, and could change our life forever. In our human nature it could seem like a very negative thing, but amazingly we have both confidently thought, "what Satan means for evil, God will use for good"... and we are more excited than ever about where God is leading us.

I am being vague about this situation because it is not resolved yet, but the amazing thing is that in the past when things like this have happened before, I would be really hurt and anxious, and almost unable to continue my normal daily activities until it was resolved. During this situation with Baby Isaac, I have spent much time in prayer and fasting, up late at night in God's Word and waiting and yearning and singing praise songs to Him and about Him, really wanting to know who God is and to see the God of scripture, especially as Healer... and God has changed me. When this current situation arose, I knew I was changed, because the peace and joy I feel in the midst of this "situation" is unexplainable.

I have come to know who God is in a new way, and I know He is in control. I know He loves me and has a plan for me (and my husband). I know He has given us a dream and a vision and I know He will fulfill that dream He has given us if we continue to live in obedience and follow Him.

Thank you Father for letting me know you. I still want to know you more. I especially want to see you as Healer in Baby Isaac's life. I thank you that you are our Shepherd and we never have to worry about where we are going, because you are leading us, and You go before us to prepare the way.

1 comment:

Patti said...

thank you so much for your sweet comment :) i lived in Louisburg for a few years and then ventured my way into raleigh where i started to go to Providence. it has been such a blessing in my life and such an answer to prayer. i am now trying to share my joy in the Lord with my family and friends up here in NY .... my plan is to be back in NC soon.. Lord willing :) prayer is such a sweet gift from our Father!! thank you again sister :)