Thursday, April 19, 2007

A Recovering Newsaholic

I am amazed at this new life without satellite. With this horrible thing that has happened at Virginia Tech, if we had satellite I would have watched it 24/7; I am a recovering newsaholic. The amazing thing (thank goodness for computers) I was able to keep up with the news and still run my house, pray for what is going on in the world, focus on God through all of it, and not have my children know every detail about every killing and the killer himself.

When the Jon Benet Ramsey thing came back into the news this past December,and we were at the grocery store where they would see her on a magazine cover they would say, "Look mommy! It's Jon Benet Ramsey." That's when I knew we needed to get rid of satellite. I can only imagine what else has been impressed into their brain before and since then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's funny! I love that you pay attention to the news. It reveals your compassion for the world. I on the other hand can't handle much of the news these days.