Monday, April 02, 2007

FAST AND PRAY for Baby Isaac

I just want anybody who has visited my blog or who is looking at this blog for the first time to check out babyleino.blogspot.com. This is a 5 week old baby who is clinging to life.

I have been involved in prayer meetings before, but never one like this. Because I am a stay at home mom, I refresh my blog about every 10 minutes when I walk by my computer to see if there is an update on baby Isaac, or to read another prayer or encouragement someone has posted. I truly feel like there is a wave of prayers and praise being ushered to the throne of God all day long and all night long. Baby Isaac has been put on prayer lists all over the world. This has been an amazing journey and it is not over yet.

Tomorrow is a day of fasting and prayer for baby Isaac. Let anyone you know join us for this amazing journey. God has taught me more about prayer in this past week than I learned my entire life of walking with the Lord.

Tonight also as I was reading the kids bedtime story, we read about Jarius the Synagogue ruler whose daughter was very sick and dying and he went to find Jesus. By the time he got home she was dead and Jesus healed her. After reading this story I was thinking of all the stories in the Bible about a sick or dying person and I realized there are no examples of a person sick or dying where someone sought Jesus out to heal them and he did not heal them... None!

So what does this tell me? Maybe this says that we have no idea what it is to call on God with believing prayer. We've all known someone who was on the brink of dying and we said we would pray for them. But how did we pray for them? Was it one sentence in the middle of dinner or bedtime prayer, or was it peristent continual prayer calling on everyone you know and finding they are actually joining you.

Well, this is what babyleino.blogspot.com has become. There are people who have never met Jordan and Patience who are fasting and praying and waking up in the middle of the night to pray (Me being one of them, except for that I know them). And I am not this crazy charismatic person who "names it and claims it," but I really believe God is going to heal baby Isaac. Maybe I am wrong in all my thinkings, but if we are to look to scripture to see who God is, that is what I see... just a thought.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Mrs. Witcher,
I cannot begin to thank you for telling me about the Leinos. The Lord has used their trial to bring me closer to the Lord myself and has encouraged me to continue to seek Him with all my heart. Prayer is such a powerful privelage that we have been given; and through just the past couple of days, I have been humbled by the Lord as He has shown me that I often underestimate the power of prayer. Through this experience I am becoming so much more aware of the spiritual battles that are being fought everywhere all the time, and just how vital and important prayer is. He is teaching me how to pray through scripture and I am overwhelmed by the reassurance of His existence and power. Just like you said, baby Isaac is touching the lives of thousands of people who have never and will never meet him; but his testimony is great and the Lord is being glorified.
I love you and your dear family, Mrs. Witcher......give my love to the kids & I'll see you later. You are a truly beautiful mother. Goodnight! Emily Rose

The Atkinson 6 said...

Gina,

Thank you for reading and responding to my new blog. I believe your right about being addictive. I about jumped up and down when I saw someone had read it!

We have met, sort of. I am the 6:30 preschool coach and have loved on your children many times. I also remember seeing you on stage when Matt announced your family's mission to France.

I do have 4 children, but their ages are more spread out. My oldest son, is technically my stepson and doesn't live with us, but between his visits and my nephew, who practically lives with us, it seems there is always a fourth at the house :)

I am amazed at yours and Melissa Blanchard's ability to have 4, well behaved young children all close in age! I sometimes wish I had, but know myself and I don't think I am as strong as you ladies.

Gina, I read your blog and LOVED it. Your a great writer! I especially liked the Beth Moore story. Some ladies from church and I did a study last year of hers and I loved her faith and humor! May I copy that story and put it in my blog?

I also loved your laundry entry! I feel ya, sister! I am sooo sick of the sight of it. Having two preschool age little boys who are less than two years apart has been so fun when it comes to mornings, clothes, and mattresses!

Thank you, again for visiting my blog and responding. May I add your blog to my links so that others may read your blog?

I hope to hear from you soon!

Erika