Saturday, April 14, 2007

A Walk of Faith

The past few days and weeks have been amazing. It's so interesting how God prepares you for a new step or direction. My husband and I have been overwhelmed with God's love and peace. We have heard his voice encouraging us on. We have seen his hand slowly begin to open the door to something. We had been sensing something new was going to happen, but it never is usually what you think.

The past few days God has blessed my husband with so many people who are excited about what God has put on his heart in France and we have begun to prepare our belongings to leave. No we don't have any exact dates yet, but we know the time is soon. God has worked this way in my life so many times before, but this is an exciting step of faith for Ken. He has a number of conferences coming up that he is going to, with alot of likeminded people; Church planters who are radical about reaching the lost and who are willing to follow Christ into this crazy life no matter what the cost.

Most people who live this way have to prepare themselves to: lose friendships, be thought of as radical, go against the barage of traditional thinkers who criticize them, and for Satan to use these types of situations to try to destroy them.

I am so proud of my husband. He has been walking through the fire these past three years, and he has come out more refined and beautiful on the other side. He has entered dark times of discouragement, felt totally alone, has been tempted to quit, has had his character attacked by leaders he admired... but what Satan has meant for evil God is using for good. He has handled each and every situation Biblically and with much kindness and grace (much more so than I wanted to give in many situations), and God is blessing him for it.

And as with each time of testing, if one continues to seek God and handle each situation with the grace and dignity of Christ, and in obedience to His word, we get what some people call a "breakthrough;" meaning a breakthrough from the struggle and pain, through to where one finds victory and the next step in God's plan... and I believe we are there, and God is preparing our minds and our hearts, and we are preparing our external belongings, for God's next move in our lives.

"I thank you father that you love us. I thank you that you created us all with specific gifts, talents, and personalities to fulfill your work. I thank you that you believe in us when no one else does and that you call us to live a life of faith that brings glory to you. I thank you that you are our Friend, and our Shepherd, and that you have a life prepared for us more exciting and wonderful than we could ever think or imagine. I thank you that if we would walk in obedience and faith in every situaion, you will use us to reach the world... and I thank you that you have chosen Ken and I (two very imperfect humans who need alot of work) to reach the lost in Europe beginning in France. I pray that by your power we will continue to die to self and walk by faith, and that you would use us to bring millions to the saving knowledge of Christ."

No comments: