Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Babyleino.blogspot.com - PICTURE!!

PICTURE of baby Issacc !!

Today has been an amazing and yet exhausting day. I have fasted and prayed and really feel like God is challenging me to really know him. To understand that untangible thing called "faith." What exactly is faith? Some think it's a name it and claim it sort of thing... and maybe it is to an extent.

I put Baby Isaac on the Brooklyn Tabernacle prayer list (along with many other prayer lists). I did this because Brooklyn Tabernacle choir has an amazing understanding of prayer and the church has weekly prayer meetings where thousands attend. They sent back a response that said they will pray for a prayer request for 30 days, and also some words of encouragement. They gave the verses:

This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he will hear us. And if we know that he hears us --whatever we ask--we know that we have what we asked of him. (1 John 5:14-15)

Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. He said in a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared about man. And there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea, "Grant me justice against my advesary."
For some time he refused. But finally he said to himself, 'Even though I do not fear God or care about men, yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won't eventually wear me out with her coming!"
And the Lord said, listen to what the unjust judge says. And will God not bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the son of man comes, will he find faith on the earth? (Luke 18:1-8)

So what do these things mean? I don't believe it means we always get what we want... but I do believe we as God's people, His representation of Christ on the earth, don't test God enough on his word, and his promises. I believe He wants us to know him in all aspects of his being: Healer, Provider, Comforter, Savior (He not only saves us from hell, He saves us from ourselves), Father, All-Powerful, All-knowing, Omnipresent, Friend, Companion through life, Defender, ...

I do believe that doctors, psychyatrists, jobs, etc. are needed, but we as Christians, I think, rely too much on the tangible things of this world and not enough on who God is.

In being part of this choir of prayers, I have come to know God more through this experience than any experience yet in my life. I believe God has responded to our persistent, continual, unending prayer. I believe Isaac would have died had we not joined together in a loud chorus to our compassionate Heavenly Father who understands the death of a son. I believe He wants to show himself as miraculous Healer in this situation, and I don't always believe that... but we must continue!! We must be like the persistent widow, and as we wait on him, we learn more about him. We sit in his presence and we dig into his word, and we spread the word because we know "the effective powerful prayer of a righteous man availeth much."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dearest Mrs. Witcher,
I am overwhelmed with the beauty and the truth in what I just read; you perfectly illustrated the place God puts us in when we surrender all to Him and when we wait on Him. This is just what He wanted me reading tonight and I am overwhelmed because whenever I ask Him for what I think I need, He always gives me what He knows I need and I am always aware of it when it hits me.
Thank you for painting such a a beautiful picture of a life of dedication to the Lord and your family, Mrs. Witcher. You are such a blessing and encouragment to me. Good night! He is good --Emily Rose

Anonymous said...

Nice posting

regards
web design