Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Vision For Catalyst France (pt 2)

My husband is posting all week this week about our vision for France and sharing what that looks like to us according to what God has put on our hearts. It is very exciting to read myself. He is really getting into the what seeing, hearing, and experiencing life-change looks like to a French person. Go to kenwitcher.com to keep up. Yesterday he posted "Vision for Catalyst France (pt2)".

We want to plant churches where French people have an opportunity to see, hear, and experience lasting life-change through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. But what does that look like, sound like, and feel like?

After 2 trips to France talking to people and pastors (I know, pastors are people too), and observing people, I began to sense God showing me that these people all had similar unmet needs that He placed in them for a purpose. I observed a lack of hope, a lack of meaningful relationships, and a lack of understanding how they fit into humanity.

A year later I heard Erwin McManus talking about his book Soul Cravings. He said every human soul has a craving for intimacy, destiny, and meaning. It felt great to think that God was speaking to me the same stuff he was speaking to Erwin McManus. So what if Erwin says it better.

These soul cravings are so obvious in France. When people enter into a relationship with Jesus, they find relationships, they find hope for a better life, and they begin to understand their purpose and how there life matters for something.

For people to experience it, we must first live it in front of them and communicate it in a way that makes sense to them.

I will talk more tomorrow about seeing it.

No comments: