Friday, June 08, 2007

Back to the Basics... In France

I found this great blog called "Back to the Basics" on Church Marketing Sucks and thought I would share it with you:


It's time to go back to the basics.

I don't know any non-Christian who wakes up and thinks, "Gee, I should go to church today." Churches need to find ways to make people think that very thought--whether it's through billboards or outreach events or the incredible example of their members (or all three and more--my point, don't get hung up on the method). If churches aren't getting people to think that, then what are they doing?

Unfortunately, too many churches have settled for the status quo, the steady stream of Christians who do wake up thinking they should go to church, and for some churches that's good enough. Those churches are social clubs, and useless. Sadly, many Christians are that way too.


We have a dream to want to make French people think a similar thought, "What is this church I have heard & seen & read about over and over and over, I think I'll go check it out!" We have a dream to see people all over France think this thought. We have a dream of people with all sorts of talents and gifts and resources helping us out. We have a dream of many of you being a part of bringing this hope to France. If you would like more information about us and our ministry please go to our website catlystfrance.org or contact us at info@catalystfrance.org.


No comments: