Sunday, June 24, 2007

Harvest Crusade & Toby Mac!

I guess I have to blog again to correct the last blog... At the last minute as I was blogging about the Harvest Crusade and talking about how my brother-in-law, Matt Fry, was going to get to be the MC and wanting to be there for that, my sweet husband said why don't you take Levi (our oldest - 6) and go. I hesitated for a minute saying that we couldn't get there in time and if we did we would probably have to sit in the nosebleed section or outside in the overflow seating since this was the evening with the big youth bands, and every youth group in the city would be there... and we hadn't eaten dinner, and I wasn't "cleaned up"...

And after I finished my small tirade, my husband said, "Go get ready and go. I want you to go." So I took my 5 minutes to dress myself and two of my kids (boys 6 & 4) and ran out the door with meatloaf in a tupperware container to eat with our hands, 1 bottle of water to share, and sped across town taking 30 minutes to take a 40 minute drive... parked in "Egypt", sprinted with my 4 year old whining the whole time, "mommy I can't run that fast," got in the arena not knowing where in the world were in relation to the stage, ran up the stairs to the second level because the bottom section was closed, went to the first opening that they were still letting people in, and there were 3 perfect seats, just left of the stage, but out far enough where you weren't directly beside the stage. The view was perfect... and we had a large screen just to the left of us if the view wasn't close enough. I couldn't have picked out better seats for myself. God is so perfect!

It was an awesome evening, but I do have to say... it made me feel little old. Toby Mac was one of the bands, and I had no idea they were such a serious Christian rap/hip hop style band... It made me smile because I couldn't understand a thing they said and it looked alot like an MTV video without the vulgar moves. I thought to myself, I have officially become a mom, because I cannot relate to this stuff at all... but I say if it reaches the kids out there in the world that will never darken the door of a church or go anywhere to hear a Christian speaker until they think, "wow, someone like me became a Christian... someone who likes my style of Music loves Jesus... someone who looks like me has found purpose and meaning to their life through Christ..." then I say Praise the Lord someone can reach them. So I raised my hands in the air and "hiphopped" with the best of them thinking, I better get to like this stuff because my kids are going to be blaring something like this someday...

So anyway, one night left! Tonight- Sunday June 24 at 6pm at the RBC Center! If you can't go, check it out online at Harvest.org. Invite some non-Christian friends over make dessert and watch it with them. The music tonight is by "Third Day" (a little closer to my generation) and a couple of other groups. We will be watching online, as we get our kids ready for bed, and praying for God to do a great work in the lives of those who are there or are watching online, and praying for the day God will do something like this in France.

2 comments:

Enjoying Life Together said...

Gina, I was there last night too! I told Brent that as long as the words were on the screen, I could understand the singers:) Funny thing is...the kids (i.e. Mommy) had given Brent the Jesus Freak CD for Father's Day last weekend. At least I recognized one song. For a girl raised on Southern Gospel Music, it was a different experience! But hey, I was with a friend (older than me!) who loved it and needs to hear the Gospel. So pray that she accepts Christ! Good night, ~Sabrina

elj377 said...

Toby Mac is awesome! I am jealous! You should really give him a chance and once you get past the hip hop style the words are truly powerful! I too am a mom with 2 kids and whenever he comes on the local Christian radio station my kids are like..Turnit up Mom and we boogie on down the road!